Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ribbon Roses

I started playing around with the sari ribbon last night. While I have other ideas on how to incorporate this ribbon into my jewelry, I got caught up in a show and mindlessly started making some roses.

With the variations in the dye and the frayed edges the end result looks more like a grungy peony than a rose, but I like it.
With a silk or organza ribbon the result would be more probably be more elegant.

If you don't know how to make these I found this online reference page with instructions. The tutorial shows making the rose with 5 stitches, but I used 7 , I guess as long as you use an odd number then the weaving will always work out.

Angie

3 comments:

Dorthe said...

Your roses are just so very beautifull,and I love the little brooches you showed in your last post.
Have a happy friday.
Dorthe

CosmoGirl Carla said...

They came out just gorgeous! When I worked at a local quilt store a lifetime ago - LOL - many of the customers were into silk ribbon embroidery, and we had some classes and sold supplies for that art. I never got into it, but always appreciated the beautiful work they did.

I really love the tattered look of your ribbon flowers. I say you make up a bunch and just sell them alone. I personally can think of so many great uses for them in other crafts/projects. hehe

Have a great weekend, Angie!
Carla

SharDon Exclusives said...

I have some ribbons and have wanted to make roses for five years and never have so I will put my beading down and try your version of this. It looks so beautiful. Thank you for sharing this,
Sharon